Hello all

M@rke

New elf
Hello all.
Looks like I found my home for the next project. Wife has been nagging me to do light for xmas so I have promised next year I will start a display.
Thinking of some very basic stuff at this stage and am still watching videos and reading the 101 manual (which is great by the way).
I suppose first question is where is the best to buy LED and controllers online or locally? Thanks M@rk

Welcome to ACL @M@rke,

Yup, the 101 is a delicious book. It will take a while to digest.

Controllers locally is Hanson Electronics, AdvaTek and Falcon controllers.
To purchase a Falcon controller, you email https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/ and ask for Australian shipping. They will ship out of the Aussie warehouse.

Pixels, there is a new seller in AU of pixel strings. Otherwise the usual sellers on AliExpress.
I'll wait for someone else to post the links because I can never remember the names of them all.

Best of luck in this addictive hobby!
Welcome to ACL, you've now caught the "CLAP" (Christmas Light Addiction Problem) ;).

Welcome to a very frustrating and fantastic hobby when you’re ready the zoom room around 7pm at night thats usually are when the Aussies are on it’s your friend, also we have some great supplies here
Paul Green from light em leds based in Perth
Troy Byrne from Extreme Lighting Displays based to the Sydney area
both are great to deal with and are there to help you.

Back