Hello all.

GeoffHops63

New elf
Hi everyone, Hope you are all well and doing OK out there.

I'm Geoff from the UK, where LED pixels etc are nowhere near as big as they are in Oz and the US by all accounts. Totally new to this amazing hobby so I've no idea (much) what i am doing or talking about......YET.
As usual I am throwing myself into this, hook line and sinker. I have set my self a little challenge lol. I would like to do my first display next Christmas. Starting with the usual lights around the windows, some props, which I am hoping to make myself including a mega tree, stars, singing something or another, not sure yet. Just starting to realize just how over ambitious I might be getting. Here's me thinking just a few lights, music etc, how difficult can it be, famous last words eh!!!
i have just received delivery of a couple of 93 amp (1000 watt) 12 volt power supplies, a couple of 8 channel DC controllers and an eight channel Pixel controller. which I am filling up fast. I didn;t know at the start of this journey, I would be buying controllers like bags of sweets, and pixels by the lorry load.
Its actually not that easy to find pixel controllers and equipment here in the UK So its either Mr Yu in China or Amazon. If there is anyone out there from the UK who can recommend somewhere decent to purchase lights and equipment from in UK, it would be very much appreciated.
Saying all that, I am loving every minute of this new hobby, although something tells me I will be needing some help, advice, tips and tricks etc from all you good people before I have something that wouldn't look out of place over Sydney Harbour Bridge at New Year.
I have a dozen or so sets of pixel strings to play with for now with more on the way. So far i am definitely hooked. I'll make the local TV station come Christmas if it kills me, and it probably will.
Looking forward to chatting with you all. Lets make the world a lighter, brighter place for everyone together (but only at 50% brightness, so not too bright).

Here's to a great illuminated future.

Geoff

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Have a look at PanelsRUs and/or BuildALightShow. Both are in the UK and have blinky gear.

GeoffHops63

New elf
Welcome to ACL Geoff - as always ask questions, have a yarn in the chat room, and show off your blinky!

I concur. There are two of us in that boat then!
Welcome and good luck. It's a good time of year to start.

China is a good option for you as it is for anyone, but in the UK, the drug dealer candy man is Build A Light Show (BALS) (https://buildalightshow.com/).

Also it is fine to run 100% bright (according to me, and nobody else).
Lol. Thank for that, I'll have a look

Cheers. Geoff