Hello from AZ

layzer1

New elf
Hello All.
I'm new to the scene and looking to start off with something simple this year. Ran I into a gentleman two weeks ago who suggested I start off with Falcon Controller F48 and receivers so I can run long distance. He is a die hard Vixen user and doesn't like Xlights but I'm leaning toward xlights since that seems to have more information on YouTube. He will only help me if I use Vixen. Anyhow, I'm hoping to learn more on this forum and learn about contoller setup, falcon Player setup, power injection using 12v pixels etc.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. The controller(s) should fit the display. A Falcon F16v3 is a better fit for most displays in my opinion. Plan the display and figure out which controller best fits your needs. You'll find more help and support with Xlights. Anything software related can be handled remotely with Xlights Zoom(share screen and audio).

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I personally think the F16 is a better fit for a fair portion of displays.
Vixen does have it's lovers but there is a massively bigger user base with xlights. It's also developed a lot faster than any other sequencers and there's incredible support all over the web on ACL, xlights own forum, Facebook and elsewhere.
Have a read of the ACL101 if you haven't already.

layzer1

New elf
Welcome to ACL. The controller(s) should fit the display. A Falcon F16v3 is a better fit for most displays in my opinion. Plan the display and figure out which controller best fits your needs. You'll find more help and support with Xlights. Anything software related can be handled remotely with Xlights Zoom(share screen and audio).
Where is xlights zoom accessed?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What day/time does xLights zoom call take place?
There's people in zoom a fair portion of the time. Friday night (Aussie time) is when the ACL chat migrate in there for a few hrs of frivolity.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
What day/time does xLights zoom call take place?
In the USA about 7pm CST Wednesday is one of their bigger nights (11am AEST Thursday). This is the usual time when the have the xEssentials tutorials too.