Hello from California

Vito

New elf
Hi, my name is Vito. This is my first year sequencing (2021). with the help of Dave at Holidaycoro.com I purchased a Hinkspix Pro controller, 4 Long range smart receivers, 120V Smart receiver for my legacy props, pixels for my house roof outline, a 16X50 megatree, a 270 node megatree star, 4 ea. 100 node arches. I watched a bunch of how to videos on setting everything up and how to import sequences into xLights. To my amazement it was easier than I thought to get everything up and running. I am hooked! I plan on adding more items this year (2022) including a 1200 pixel 24X50 Matrix, and figuring out how to control a DMX snow / fog machine and DMX 512 wireless controller to get the neighborhood involved in the light show with DMX 512 bracelets, etc. I am hoping I can get that help here on how to do that with the controller and equipment I have. I am very excited that I found this forum!

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Hey @Vito, I hope this stuff works great for you. I used a lot of that kit last year with good results. The only thing that was tricky about it for me was the 16-port SLRRs; the official video has you do too much in the controller, but xLights will do it for you... as long as you pick "universe per string", otherwise you tear your hair out. I found you do have to think a bit about your design when using the 16-port SLRRs; the limit of 4 universes and 680 pixels across each group of 4 ports is a bit limiting. If you are using 4-port LRRs, I guess that won't affect you. You probably figured all this out already, but if not, feel free to ask what I did... I found all the useful tidbits are one or two sentences buried in a 60-minute video.