Hello from Italy!

KalosJann

New elf
Hello everyone!
First of all, i’m glad to be here and share my “crazy” plan for 2021 (at least what my friends says).
In reality is not that crazy, i just want to install some lights in my small backyard. And what i’m planning to install are: megatree, icycles, arch, small trees, and potentially a singing element. So far so good right? :)
i would like to use xlights, which i’ve already started playing with, and i succesfully achieved to send “data” to a strip which is connected to a wemos D1 flashed with WLED.
The big challenge that i see today is making a megatree running from a small wemos d1 or potentially multiple wemos d1....

I would definitely starting making some tests, but from the edge of your experience, how do you see it?
Thanks a lot in advance

Welcome, if we are all a little crazy then that is normal here.

I started 2 years back looking at running from small cheap devices, and once I worked out where I wanted to get to and added up the total price it made more sense to buy a commercial controller (I still have a couple of home brew espixelsticks)

Things did not really go to plan this year, so I have not managed to push what I am doing with lights but have got last years up, with one additional matrix. 2021 is looking better.

Back