Hello from Perth

whatthej

New elf
Hi all, I had a family holiday in Sydney, popped over at Minago place and was inspired by the lights there! I'm based in Perth and will probably look to do some Christmas lights this year!

Combining a few of my to-do lists, I've come up with this. Plugs in via 3.5mm audio jack and runs off an Arduino. My plans are to turn it into an infinity mirror.

I'm already scheming in my head for a tree run off an arduino and WS2812 strips! Just need to understand this E1.31 and figure out Vixen.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Cool.
Have a look at Xlights before you commit yourself to Vixen. It has a much larger user base and imho has far more features than any other sequencer. Having an Aussie Xlights developer is great as well. I won't mention that there's also an Aussie Vixen 1 as well ;)

whatthej

New elf
Cool.
Have a look at Xlights before you commit yourself to Vixen. It has a much larger user base and imho has far more features than any other sequencer. Having an Aussie Xlights developer is great as well. I won't mention that there's also an Aussie Vixen 1 as well ;)

Thanks! I haven't done any comparison at all and it was just what I saw mentioned a few times in these forums. I'm not fussed to work out which is better for m needs; if you say Xlights, I will go Xlights!