Hello from someone wanting to learn

ddeucher

New elf
Hello form Kansas USA, I've seen and read some information on using Xlights and FPP, but have no idea where to begin, your Forum was recommend to be by an individual that has a YouTube site. I have no idea where to begin so any suggestions and help would be most appreciated

Hello and welcome!

A good starting place is to read the 101 manual, while a little outdated the original principles are still valid for a foundation. Next is you can come into the chat room and due to the international nature of the ACL there tends to be someone in there most of the time. During US time some of us work and might be slow to respond but we will eventually. There are a bunch of good Youtube channels Virtual Christmas Summit (VCS), xTreme Sequences, Panels-R-Us, Keith Westley has a bunch out there also.

What are some of your goals? We all have some sort of goals to eventually work towards.

However, lights come down to a few basic items: Controllers, Pixels and software.

Welcome again!

Yep, begin with figuring out a bit about what you want... have you seen anything out there you like? You're wanting music and pixels and all that, or something else? What kind of place are you lighting, etc.?

Hello and welcome!

A good starting place is to read the 101 manual, while a little outdated the original principles are still valid for a foundation. Next is you can come into the chat room and due to the international nature of the ACL there tends to be someone in there most of the time. During US time some of us work and might be slow to respond but we will eventually. There are a bunch of good Youtube channels Virtual Christmas Summit (VCS), xTreme Sequences, Panels-R-Us, Keith Westley has a bunch out there also.

What are some of your goals? We all have some sort of goals to eventually work towards.

However, lights come down to a few basic items: Controllers, Pixels and software.

Welcome again!
Hello, thanks for reaching out to me.

When I registered, I saw the 101 Basics manual, I've been reading it and find it very informative. I have a couple of questing regarding 5V vs 12v lights, but most everything else is well explained and written. Thanks for the insight on the chat room, I'll be taking advantage of that here shortly. As for my goal, I'd like to basically do everything possible, Mega tree, arches, singing features with sound and sound controlled lights a light panel is being researched as well. My wife however, is more traditional, so that will have an impact on how much I do, at this point, I'm leaning towards a simple plan for starting out. Take advantage of the software and hardware to manage functions as a timer, with a minimal number of features that are sync'd to music, arches, candy canes, multiple Christmas trees. The overall goal is to centralize the management of the execution and create flexibility in using the resources. I'm also looking at probably extending the show to other holidays, such halloween.

Thanks again for the reachout

Dave

Back