Hello from Virginia!!

Roark96

New elf
Hello all!!

Jumping into this feet first! Have always been particular about my Christmas lights because I am married to an elf (she would decorate year round if she could). We were planning to drop 1K USD on store bought lights that dance to some music but I saw someone locally with pixels and completely changed my mind. I have already done my first sequence and have dug deep into the planning process with the hopes of placing orders in the next 30-60 days. Have a few questions that I cant quite find the answers to but I will pop into one of the appropriate sub forums for those. Just wanted to drop in and say hello!

Welcome to ACL. If you have not already, I would suggest downloading and reading the ACL 101 Manual. There's a download link on the ACL Main Page. The forums and other ACL sections are also searchable which might help answer any questions you may have as well as providing ideas.

Hello and welcome! In addition, allow me to mention the chat room. There tends to be some great resources that like to hang out in the chat room. Since members are spread across the globe someone is generally around but might take time to notice a post also. You have the right mindset, start as early as possible. This was my first year and it does take longer then one thinks.

Dean

Yea I knew I needed to start early. I am going to build sequences and then load them to my private YouTube so I can watch them and adjust at the same time. This also gives me the ability to have my wife watch them to see what she likes/doesn't like. Hopefully by early summer everything is here and I can go ahead and start trying things out in person!

Yea I knew I needed to start early. I am going to build sequences and then load them to my private YouTube so I can watch them and adjust at the same time. This also gives me the ability to have my wife watch them to see what she likes/doesn't like. Hopefully by early summer everything is here and I can go ahead and start trying things out in person!
This was my first year and I did something very similar. Setup the display that I was planning to run and sequenced everything to it. My problem is that some of the items were stretch goals and I never made it to them, namely my house elements. A second issue turned out that after I put together 2 of my 4 leaping arches 2 of them stopped working and never made it out.

One thing I learned is that you might want to order spares of things to have on hand. I have some peace stakes and ordered exactly what I wanted and now the pixels I used are no longer available and I have no spares. Either to replace when one goes bad or to increase what I have easily.

Dean

This was my first year and I did something very similar. Setup the display that I was planning to run and sequenced everything to it. My problem is that some of the items were stretch goals and I never made it to them, namely my house elements. A second issue turned out that after I put together 2 of my 4 leaping arches 2 of them stopped working and never made it out.

One thing I learned is that you might want to order spares of things to have on hand. I have some peace stakes and ordered exactly what I wanted and now the pixels I used are no longer available and I have no spares. Either to replace when one goes bad or to increase what I have easily.

Dean

Solid advice!! Good to have extra stuff with any project!!

Back