Hello from Wichita KS, USA

MarkJ

New elf
Hello to everyone, sorry to say I dont know anything about lighting. You will all be glad to hear I plannto do allot of reading before I start designing my lights and purchasing any equipment, hm ope this save so frustration.
So hope to not burden everyone with all the old questions, maybe just a few of them. Thanks in advance.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
You are on the right site for the first of your reading list - Download a copy of the 101 manual. Great information. A must read.

BTW - Ask away. Questions may have been asked (and asked, and asked), but the truth is there are so many new folks that haven't been given the answers.

There also is a great group of folks over in your direction as well. They are on Facebook as the "Kansas City Area Christmas Light Decorators". I believe the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/103889143888673/.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Hi. Welcome to ACL. ACL's Forums, Wiki, and Display Videos are searchable and are also a place that ideas and solutions can be found. The Chat Room usually has someone either in an active conversation or lurking too.

For 'how to do' videos, I would suggest Canispater Christmas on YouTube. The videos are pointed towards beginners from a 'hands on' hardware perspective.

Thebruhhh

New elf
You are on the right site for the first of your reading list - Download a copy of the 101 manual. Great information. A must read.

BTW - Ask away. Questions may have been asked (and asked, and asked), but the truth is there are so many new folks that haven't been given the answers.

There also is a great group of folks over in your direction as well. They are on Facebook as the "Kansas City Area Christmas Light Decorators". I believe the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/103889143888673/.
Where’s the 101 manual?

TerryK

Retired Elf
There is a link on the Home Page (the little house symbol) directly below that symbol.

You can also find it in the Wiki. Click on the Wiki Tab and there is a link in The Basics section, third (last) paragraph.

Last edited: