Help setting up rpi

Bert

New elf
Hi everyone, i had bought some gear form ( Hanson's ) earlier in the year, he did supply me with some info on how to get started but iam @ a roadblock.
1: have downlaoded Fpp onto micro card
2: have all power supply needed.
3; was watching a video on youtube ( AuschristmasLighting July 6 2017 ) they were talking about connecting a ubs to the pi on first start up. ( what is on the usb )
Do i need to download Xlights onto USB ?

I just need some help to get started.
Thanks for any info
Bert

mdavis

New elf
Hello,
I have setup my rpi with fpp v5.5. I have triple checked that I have not screwed up the channels from slights to the channel outputs on the pi. When I load in my fseq file, the pixels flash and glitch different colors. I cannot find a fix. Also with fpp connect, is there a way to transport the sequence without it reconfiguring my channel outputs on the pi? It usually messes it and converts universes to outputs on the pi.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Whats your architecture @mdavis? Does the Pi have pixels attached? Or is it just a show player sending data to other controllers?
If xLights messing up configuration on an FPP connect that would imply that it's not set up correctly in xLights for how you want it to behave.

mdavis

New elf
Whats your architecture @mdavis? Does the Pi have pixels attached? Or is it just a show player sending data to other controllers?
If xLights messing up configuration on an FPP connect that would imply that it's not set up correctly in xLights for how you want it to behave.
I have my connected via Ethernet to a alphapix flex system with an expansion board and spi 16 board. In my case most of my props are 200 pixels per port so I dedicated 2 universes of 510 per port. When I convert xligjts setup to fpp it treats every universe in flights as an output in fpp.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
That sounds like it's behaving as expected. So what FPP will be doing is reading the sequence file, and then outputting the data via E1.31 to your Alphapix controller. The configuration that xLights is putting into FPP is to support this as a show player.

mdavis

New elf
That sounds like it's behaving as expected. So what FPP will be doing is reading the sequence file, and then outputting the data via E1.31 to your Alphapix controller. The configuration that xLights is putting into FPP is to support this as a show player.
Yes, but it shows one universe per output when I use fox connect. I have 38 universes but I do not have 38 outputs. Is there a correct way to do multiple universes per output?

mdavis

New elf
Also sorry for all the questions but I have another one. In xligbts controllwr config page. Should you always choose auto size universes for models? I don’t get how this works Becuase how would xlights know what ports the lights are connected too.