Help with xlights scheduler?

Orlando1220

New elf
Why doesnt my esp8266 controller come out on xlights scheduler??

Or how do I run my sequence to my pixel lights using xlights??

Attachments

• 20221212_232405.jpg
    20221212_232405.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 16

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
How are your controllers defined in xLights?
Is xSchedule pointing to the same show directory?

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Generous elf
You definitely need to save your controllers using the button in xlights, then set the show directory in xSchedule. The big red words at the bottom mean it can't find the controller list... gotta be something simple like wrong directory chosen.

Go to File -> Select Show Folder

Orlando1220

New elf
So in the controller setting I setup my esp8266 as a wled controller and as a generic esp8266

I had it working at one point but then it just went away. I also have my ip address on there as well

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Oh I didnt see the onedrive bit. You MUST set it to "Always keep files on this device" for the show folder otherwise it'll have problems if it takes too long to get data downloaded.
xSchedule is saying it couldnt load the rgbeffects file, so this may be the cause.

Orlando1220

New elf
Oh I didnt see the onedrive bit. You MUST set it to "Always keep files on this device" for the show folder otherwise it'll have problems if it takes too long to get data downloaded.

xSchedule is saying it couldnt load the rgbeffects file, so this may be the cause.

So how would I fix it?

malisa

New elf
There could be several reasons why your ESP8266 controller is not showing up in the xLights scheduler. Here are a few possible causes:

The ESP8266 controller is not properly connected to your computer or network. Make sure that the controller is properly connected and powered on.

The xLights software is not able to detect the controller. This could be due to a problem with the controller's configuration or a problem with the xLights software itself.

The xLights scheduler is not set up to recognize the ESP8266 controller. You may need to configure the scheduler to recognize the controller by adding it as a new device in the scheduler's settings.

There could be a problem with the firmware on the ESP8266 controller. Make sure that the firmware is up to date and that it is compatible with the xLights software.

If you have tried all of these troubleshooting steps and are still having problems, you may want to try seeking assistance from the xLights community or contacting the manufacturer of the ESP8266 controller for further assistance.