Hi Everyone!

108CAM

Proud to have the largest display on my street!
Hi, my name is Cameron and ever since the 2019/20 Christmas Season, my house has been decorated for my annual Christmas Display.
Every year, my parents let me buy a new decoration to add to my display and this has enabled me to claim the title of the largest light display that's on my street.
I also enjoy tinkering and finding creative ways to repurpose old & unwanted items into decorations for my display. Many of my lights and decorations have been saved from hard rubbish and only required minor repairs. Some even worked straight up and my parents got quite the shock when I showed them some of the things I've found.
During the 2021/22 Season, I decided to name my display "Cameron's Trash & Treasure Christmas Wonderland" because of all the lights I have saved and repaired.
Other hobbies and interests of mine include Trains, Arcade Games, Metal Detecting, Vintage Light Fixtures and Camping.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome along to ACL @108CAM !

At 15 I did Arduino Mega's as a 48ch lights controller with Vixen, then next year in 2019 I started with pixels.
All I can say is that pixels are expensive!

There are options there are to buy everything pre-made but it is nice to have some DIY in this hobby. Taking an item and repurposing it often inspires new ideas.

ACL has mini expos on each year, a live chat room and the forums here.
There's also xLights Zoom room & Extreme lighting display's Zoom room where a lot of us hang out in the evening.

1669098661820.jpeg

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Welcome to ACL, such a great place. Loads of reading, learning and sharing to do :).