Hi, For sale singing faces and using wifi connection for falcon

Bentley

New elf
Been lurking in the background learning heaps through this forum and everyone else’s problems and ideas.

I started off with a layout and budget in mind but both have gone out the window.

I received a pixel order from Etop this week to finish off my junior mega tree, star and a couple of props to add to my dumb pixels from previous years.

With a change in layout I have run out of room in the front fence line and have available ready to run singing faces. “Aussie 4” from Christmas Creations, belting out xmas and popular songs and looks fantastic. It is a plug and play set up. The faces are controlled from a raspberry pi and DC controller. If anyone is interested PM for details, video (half of playlist) and photos attached. Selling as used but has only been run in the shed. Can send more info on request.
Link to Aussie 4 Drop Box

Also asking is anyone running Xlights through wifi rather than directly i.e. a cat 6 cable from computer to controller. I’ve set up the Falcon controller in the shed to test run which is about 25 mts away from my computer. I’m using a Tesltra wifi booster borrowed from the study and attached to the lid of a safe case and was surprised that the sequence runs with no problems. The falcon will be only 6 mts from my Telstra Gen 2 master modem once set up for xmas. I have NBN and transfer rate is reliable and not many other devices linked so show playlist should not be affected if managed (hoping). Any hints will help or suggestions (good or bad idea, transfer rate required for reliability). I have included a cat 6 adaptor in the enclosure if things turn to sht. Plan is to use all 16 outlets on Falcon with 100 pixels per string for 2020 show. (Photo attached of wifi - falcon in Bunning safe case- Note. This is not the controller for the Aussie 4)

Attachments

• IMG_20201112_193842.jpg
    IMG_20201112_193842.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20201112_200443 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20201112_200443 - Copy.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 24