Hi from Newy

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome @FrankO ,

Read through the 101 manual on here.
There is also a group buy on here for Falcon controllers since they do not ship to AU normally (unless you use a re-shipper). The group buy only has F16v3's on their own, not pre-made into a controller.
It's easy to make up your own controller and far cheaper.

marmalade

cats & pixels
Welcome, feel free to hit us locals up for any help/advice, quite a few of us here now!

Most here would suggest a falcon V3. Espixelsticks also work very well as an intro into pixels.

Gee Family Light Show

Emma- Light Em Up Sequences
Our Novocastrian numbers are on the rise!! Welcome! We're located in Maitland, and hubby is good at building props (I'm more the computer tech- sequencing etc) so if you have any questions or need advice feel free to send us a message :)

Tonyst

New elf
Welcome Franko from another Novocastrian. Good to see our numbers growing. If I were you I would really try with building your own. It will give you an insight into future expansions and it really isn't that hard.

tooms

12v4life
Hi,

Overall the Advatek equipment is absolutely rock solid, and I believe also designed in Australia. The falcon equipment is equally just as good, and probably has the largest number of users in the community.

At this time of the year though, getting that particular falcon pre-made controller shipped to .au in time might prove difficult as the website is claiming shipping in 1-2 weeks, and I'm not even sure it will run on 220V AC. Getting the Advatek setup might get it to you quicker, but then they're using 4 pin connectors which are not that common anymore, so buying lights from the usual places like Ray-Wu, Paul Zhang etc will require you to cut the connectors off the pixlite controller box, unless you buy the Advatek pixels, but basically Advatek is charging $69 for a string of 50 pixels, whilst Ray-Wu on aliexpress is charging $5USD for a 50 pixel string.

My first controller was a pixlite16 in a tupperware container, hot knifed some holes in the side of it to get the cables in, I don't think I even had outdoor connectors, just hard wired everything direct to the board.