Hinkspix reciever being used with other controllers

Jlightshow

New elf
I’m looking to see if anyone has figured out the rj45 on the hinks long range receivers and made cat5 cables to bypass the rj45 joe used with differing pins so that they can be used with other controllers. We switched to the Genius line this season and I’ve got about 10 4 port hinks receivers I’d like to use. I heard there is someone in here that figured out how to make a cable to do that. Thanks.

merryoncherry

Senior elf

Jlightshow

New elf
You don't have to make a cable. Just swap two pins on the extension to the bulkhead.

Thank you. That is very helpful information. The part that confused me was the colors used on the pins. Not sure if I misread it. Everything I found says the standard is the 568B. Which is orange on 1/2 stripe green solid blue on 3/4 blue stripe and solid green on 5/6 and brown on 7/8. You said that is how HC has theirs pinned. And you listed the colors in their pairs as the normal? I bought my controllers and receivers before they started putting the bulkheads on so I need to make new cables. Did I misread it? Thanks again I appreciate the help. Hope you’ve had a merry Christmas

merryoncherry

Senior elf
So, HC has their colors that way but they're not using the blue/green pairs as everyone else does, but splitting them. So I am suggesting rearranging them in some way.

You could make cables, but then you have to remember which cable is special. I am not good enough to remember that. So I adjusted the bulkhead connections, which are always fixed in place. No, not everything has them, but they sell parts to add them, and that is what I do.

https://www.holidaycoro.com/CAT5-Bulkhead-Dangle-Pigtail-Ethernet-200mm-7-87in-p/527.htm and a few other lengths.

Jlightshow

New elf
So, HC has their colors that way but they're not using the blue/green pairs as everyone else does, but splitting them. So I am suggesting rearranging them in some way.

You could make cables, but then you have to remember which cable is special. I am not good enough to remember that. So I adjusted the bulkhead connections, which are always fixed in place. No, not everything has them, but they sell parts to add them, and that is what I do.

https://www.holidaycoro.com/CAT5-Bulkhead-Dangle-Pigtail-Ethernet-200mm-7-87in-p/527.htm and a few other lengths.
Thank you. lol I’m not that good either. I did try making one but it didn’t work. So I ordered some bulkheads from them. I agree, that is definitely the simplest way. I appreciate the help.

Jlightshow

New elf

I bought a bulkhead and switched the wires but I still don’t have any data going through. Any ideas?? I’m using the genius controller if that matters. Thanks for your help.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Ok that is a smart receiver... electrically it may be correct but the configuration protocol is different as far as I know.

I thought you meant a regular 4 port. Your best bets would be to swap the little board in there for something else... at least you can keep the enclosure, PSU, and cables.

Dumb receiver (which I thought you were asking about) with the holes in the exact right spots for drop-in replacement:

Genius smart receiver (put the bulkhead cable back to original):

Or my favorite thing to put in the enclosure (especially if it was 16 port) 😉