How can you show off if we don't know where you are?!

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Are you a newbie to the hobby, eager to show of your first year's display? Perhaps you're a seasoned pro but are changing your display times/dates this year?
Make sure you take the time to update your display's location and details here: https://auschristmaslighting.com/locations/
Once updated, you can then see what other member's displays are nearby and go for a visit to exchange ideas and tips first-hand. Last year in NSW a mini road trip was organised, perhaps you could do the same in your local area?
Doesn't matter if you get 1 car a night or 1000, we're all in the same crazy hobby together and would love to see what others have done. Sometimes the photos and videos just don't do it justice. I'm hoping to get out and about more this year to see some different displays, so make sure to update the above map :)

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Great suggestion dj, MsOzAz and I did that last year. I noted all the displays near me then we drove around and checked them all out (except for one which had shut down by the time we got there) also checked out a couple of static displays one of which put some of our sequenced displays to shame.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Great update, I just realised I hadn't updated this since 2017.
I may even go for a drive this year, even though the closest display is almost an hour away :D

Dreamin

Full time elf
I just tried to do it, but got an error.

• Please enter a value using 80 characters or fewer.
  • Unable to determine this address automatically. The location may be invalid or the geocoding service could be temporarily unavailable.
Not sure what I did wrong. :(

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
I just tried to do it, but got an error.

• Please enter a value using 80 characters or fewer.
  • Unable to determine this address automatically. The location may be invalid or the geocoding service could be temporarily unavailable.
Not sure what I did wrong. :(
hmm, have not seen that issue before, maybe tried to close and reopen browser? (the old turn it off and on trick, usually never fails!)

Dreamin

Full time elf
hmm, have not seen that issue before, maybe tried to close and reopen browser? (the old turn it off and on trick, usually never fails!)
It's all good. I got PM'd by Ryan and he sorted it out. Google for some reason though my house was in an old peoples home so the address was extremely long. He fixed that up, then I found a bug in the FM decimal not working and he fixed that up too. Just call me the Beta Tester! :)

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Bumping again! Regardless if this is your first year or you're a seasoned pro, we want to know where you are so we can come see your lights!!
I'm hoping to see some new displays I've never seen in person before, and I'm using our very own locations map to plan my route. If you're not on it I might miss you :(
https://auschristmaslighting.com/locations/