How Do I Run a Sequence? :/

Max Kabilafkas

Apprentice elf
OK, I feel like a super noob, but i can't figure out how to run a sequence from xLights on my pixels? I'm reading through the xLights manual and can't find it anywhere...

I have wired up a couple of windows and programmed a test sequence and I want to run it on my pixels to see that it is working as expected.

Help! <3

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Could be multiple things.

If everything is configured correctly and trying to run a sequence direct from xLights, have you selected the output to lights icon (the light bulb on the far right on the sequencer tab).

However I assume it may be something else, for example controller setup etc.

Firstly I assume you have a Controller connected to your pixels and a PSU etc, making a big assumption here and guessing you have a Falcon controller (Advatek / FPP controller very similar anyway).

If all connected and the controller lights up (Falcon requires 12v or 5v depending on your pixels into the V2 input) try going into the test mode on the controller and see if 50 pixels in the strings connected light up.

Can you connect to your controller (ie double click the controller in the controllers tab and see if it opens a user interface (for a Falcon controller it will). if not then maybe a IP connection issue.

If so try opening xLights and going Tools - Test and select check box for all the channels and see if anything lights up.

You may need to configure your controller and this requires a couple of steps.

Have you assigned your props to your controllers outputs in the xLiights visualiser etc?

If so and if xLights can connect to your controller you need to push your xLights config to your controller (assuming you are using a Falcon / Advatek / FPP based controller). do this by selecting your controller in the xLights Controller Tab and with the controller selected (you should see a green icon illuminated at the bottom of this screen if xLights can connect to your controller) select Upload Input and Upload Output.

If this works you should be able to run a sequence directly from xLights (if you have rendered the sequence and have the output to lights icon selected).

Just a note if you have the output to lights icon selected xLights wont allow you to upload inputs / ouputs etc (you need a green icon to be illuminated on the controllers tab).

As you can see there is lots of possible reasons, and I am only guessing so thus,

maybe the best would be to see if anybody is in the xLlights Zoom room and they may be able to talk you thru the steps.

To get to xLights zoom room within xLights for to Help-Zoom

Last edited: