HOW TO SET UP MATRIX TO BEST WORK WITH MY DISPLAY.

bassnbuck

New elf
I AM NEW TO THE PIXEL STUFF AND HAVE READ A LOT OF THE DIFFERENT INFORMATION ON DIFFERENT FORUMS. I HAVE 6 SECTIONS (SEE IMAGE) OF VERTICAL MATRIX THAT WILL ACT LIKE MY PORCH RAILING AND BALUSTERS. EACH SECTION HAS 18 VERTICALS WITH 26 PIXELS (2812B 5 VOLT INDIVIDUAL CONTOLLED) = 468 PIXELS PLUS ANOTHER 53 PIXELS T&B HORIZONTAL. MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SET IT UP TO SEQUENCE, MEANING SHOULD I DO EACH SECTION DIFFERENT OR DO ALL VERTICALS UNDER THE MODEL? ALSO KEEP IN MIND I AM NOT SURE WHAT PROGRAM TO USE TO SEQUENCE WITH I HAVE THE RIGHTS TO LSP,OLD VERSION OF LIGHT O RAMA, I HAVE BEEN TRYING NUTCRACKER/XLIGHTS AND HAVE LIKED THE TESTING SIDE OF THING, BUT NOT SURE HOW THAT WILL WORK BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE ABOUT 60-70 CHANNELS OF NORMAL LED LIGHTS. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HELPFUL. HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT AREA TO ASK THIS. THANKS

Attachments

• PIXEL LAYOUT.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 42

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If using LSP I would connect up your matrix in a zig zag fashion and then just create a matrix controller/element in LSP for the correct channel range. Then draw the matrix using the zig zag option
For the outline then create a new controller/element for the outline. Then in LSP use the square drawing tool and draw the aquare around the matrix and then allocate the correct channels for the outline. This whole process should take less than 5 minutes if you know what you are doing.

You can then setup and use your normal lights in LSP as well, watch these videos to get a better understanding.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=4475.0

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=4479.0

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=2404.0

I hope that helps

bassnbuck

New elf
fasteddy thanks for the rely it does help but i have a couple more questions. first would you make all 6 sections 1 big matrix or 6 little ones? And second i have tried lsp a little but is there a good way to keep it from slowing down when using transition or macros I have a pretty good computer and whe i tried it with just 1 section it was slow, i couldn't imagine with all the pixels i will be adding. thanks for all your help.

arw01

Full time elf
In lsp you could do both, you can have sub matrix under a big matrix and then decide what you want to do with them.

I've got three coro panels for my matrix this year, I will set up one big matrix with all three as one, then three individual ones for just the panels, makes it easier to show different things at different times.

e.g. one part of the matrix could be a beat meter or show a reindeer, another part could be merry christmas or a count down..

I will say 2.5 was massively more buggy than 2.8, which still has a few quirks. I would certainly upgrade.

Alan

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
2.8 has 64bit which makes a decent difference especially with larger shows

The other thing is I always turn off shared virtualizer and then I undock the smaller visualizer in the bottom left corner and drag to a second monitor and make larger. much better performance as well as much easier to sequence with.