Answered I feel like such a NooB - I can't get a string to light at all.

GesWho69

New elf
Hi folks, I've spent about 12 hours today trying to get a string lit up in a snowflake and I have made no headway whatsoever.

The snowflake has 104 pixels, and I have 2 strands of 50 Alitove Bullets 12v RGB connected together. (Yes, I AM 4 short)
I have the xmodel file for the snowflake (Located at https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/dae6c50fc16a222a/6f9d9c2201d61353)
I am using a CanadaPixelsCoro controller that uses a PB16 Cape. (This controller i've used to test other items successfully using the same setup/cables/FPP (not this light strand))

In xlights I created a new layout and sequence, and the only item on it is the snowflake with a simple 'twinkle' effect. The snowflake is specified as controller 'FPP' and the port # is specified (1) - string type is set to 'RGB Nodes'
It twinkles just fine in xlights. Yes I rendered it, and uploaded it and the sequence via FPP Connect. (I'm using FPP 4.6.1, and XLights 2021.26)

In FPP I have it set as DDP. I have *NO* universes set up (since it's DDP). The BBB Strings has the right port and model and # pixels/channels listed.
In FPP, test mode does nothing.
In FPP: Channel inputs has nothing listed. Channel outputs has nothing listed. Output processers has nothing listed. PIxel overlay lists the snowflake, Start Ch=1, ch count = 300, ch/node is 3.
(Playlist is being run on repeat on FPP)

Note; I plugged the lights in separately with a SP110E controller and they all light just fine.

(Hopefully now I've posted this, I'll figure it out in 5 minutes, thats how it usually goes!)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! I'm fairly sure its a config thing that I don't understand.

Thanks.

GesWho69

New elf
OK, told you I felt like a total NooB - I'm leaving the post in case others in a similar state have a similar problem...

The answer...

In the Channel Outputs menu on FPP, while there is nothing listed on the screen, there IS a little check box
"Enable E1.31 / ArtNet / DDP Output: " Click the box on the right to enable it.

I thought it was referring to the info below which I didn't need for DDP.

Solved.

Reactions: i13