I need Help

mikeal5150

New elf
I'm new to this and bit off more than I can chew. I have a Kulp K32A-B up and running with 3 EFL snowflakes 200 pixels each. I made a mega tree I've read an overkill on pixel spacing 1" for a total of 1200 pixel 12, string 180, degree tree. on two channels. going to change too 3 soon. Probably change too 2" spacing as well with more strings. I finally got it up and half butt working I can't get video or images to work. I have a working play list but keep failing on the mega tree part. I do the FPP connect upload and get several fails. I can't find a youtube or help to get it right. I'm not even sure if it's wired correctly. is each channel separate with each plug or do all stings hook up together with port wires in between. Mine is 6 on each port separate other the injection wires all connected all they up each string then over to the next to the end. Please Help. Thanks Mike

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
You need to wire it to match your configuration in xLights. I'm attaching my configuration from xLights. The numbers are very different from yours, but hopefully it helps. First, the number of strings (by the red line) is how many ports it is set to use on your controller. Next, the number for Strands/String is how many vertical lines per string. In this case, I have 4 strands per string, meaning it goes up, connects to the next, then down, then up and back down, all on one port. Then I start the next String.

If you have 12 strings on 2 channels, you should set that to 2 strings and 6 strands/string. Then you connect the first 6 to each other on the first port and then connect strand 7 to port 2 and connect the rest to it. Note that you'll need significant power injection to run that many lights off a single port.

You also need to note the "Starting Location" in xLights and make sure you are matching that when you connect, or things will be off.

On another note, you're probably better off with more strands and wider spacing, as you mentioned. 1" spacing is great, but if the strands are 6" apart at the bottom, you have 6" spacing. Good luck, and feel free to drop in on the chat room if you need more help, or just respond here.

1702485843430.png

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Yes, we should methodically pick apart the setup one thing at a time, so that you know how to troubleshoot. Once one part works end-to-end the rest will follow.

That said, how many volts are you using? If it's 12, and you're using the K32A-B, if you don't have any data amps handy get some ASAP, if not sooner. It's a survival item - you'll need them eventually if you don't already.

mikeal5150

New elf
You need to wire it to match your configuration in xLights. I'm attaching my configuration from xLights. The numbers are very different from yours, but hopefully it helps. First, the number of strings (by the red line) is how many ports it is set to use on your controller. Next, the number for Strands/String is how many vertical lines per string. In this case, I have 4 strands per string, meaning it goes up, connects to the next, then down, then up and back down, all on one port. Then I start the next String.

If you have 12 strings on 2 channels, you should set that to 2 strings and 6 strands/string. Then you connect the first 6 to each other on the first port and then connect strand 7 to port 2 and connect the rest to it. Note that you'll need significant power injection to run that many lights off a single port.

You also need to note the "Starting Location" in xLights and make sure you are matching that when you connect, or things will be off.

On another note, you're probably better off with more strands and wider spacing, as you mentioned. 1" spacing is great, but if the strands are 6" apart at the bottom, you have 6" spacing. Good luck, and feel free to drop in on the chat room if you need more help, or just respond here.

View attachment 24846
I have rough fully 3" space at the bottom thank you so much. I might have added that port 1 is on the 1st string on the left and port 8 is on the last string on the right I think it's wrong if I'm reading your reply correct.

mikeal5150

New elf
Yes, we should methodically pick apart the setup one thing at a time, so that you know how to troubleshoot. Once one part works end-to-end the rest will follow.

That said, how many volts are you using? If it's 12, and you're using the K32A-B, if you don't have any data amps handy get some ASAP, if not sooner. It's a survival item - you'll need them eventually if you don't already.
No i made the mistake and I have 5 volts

mikeal5150

New elf

View attachment 24846

I want to thank everyone for the help. I rewired my 2nd port location and now it works great thank you everybody that helped me.

mikeal5150

New elf
I forgot and kind of skipped over your mention of error messages. Can you tell us what errors you get when running FPP Connect?
I want to thank everyone for the help. I rewired my 2nd port location and now it works great thank you everybody that helped me.

mikeal5150

New elf