Ignoring pixels when chaining props/models

Soggy Sanga

New elf
I have completed my first props. 2 x window frames. They have 86 pixels each, in chromotrim. There are 14 pixels left over at the end of each model as i used 2 x 50 node strings on each. I've just bundled the extra nodes togethor and put an elastic band around them that dangle in the bottom corner for now.

Now, I'm trying to chain these 2 window props togethor and just plug them into port 1 pigtail.

I want the extra 14 pixels at the end of each model to be ignored so the messy budle doesn't light up.

But when I attempt to run a sequence and light both models up the 14 extra pixels on the 1st model are lit, and the last 14 pixels on 2nd model don't get lit. Yelp lol. What am I doing wrong...or right. I'll grab a brew ☕️

Soggy Sanga

New elf
I'm coming to melb min, and I'm strongly considering just bringing my ugly controller box and laptop and begging for help haha.

Lindsayr

New elf
Hi Soggy Sanga,

If you are using xlights to create a sequence, you can add null pixels in the model for the first window frame. So if you add 14 pixels as "Set End Null Pixels", it will leave 14 pixels after your first model before starting your second. It is easy to do but I am sure someone at the Melbourne mini can help :)

Lindsay

Soggy Sanga

New elf
Hi Soggy Sanga,

If you are using xlights to create a sequence, you can add null pixels in the model for the first window frame. So if you add 14 pixels as "Set End Null Pixels", it will leave 14 pixels after your first model before starting your second. It is easy to do but I am sure someone at the Melbourne mini can help :)

Lindsay
Yay that worked 💪! Thank you kindly Lindsay 🙏 😊

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Alternatively, of your controller doesn't support nulls (which it does but this is here for anyone else) you can define a single line prop to the correct number of pixels, add it in visualiser but then just never sequence it.