I'm after a video/youtube guru

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I am chasing after someone who could create some youtube how to videos for me. I would prefer someone based in Australia as it's convenient for getting stuff to them and easier to keep in contact in order to tell them what I am after. I'm after tutorial videos on some of my boards and how to connect them. The boards/bits in question are below
-usb dmx dongle
-hexfuse
-DMX18
-DMX18-2
-2811DC15
-rPi-28D
-rPi-P10
-octoscrolla
eventually the HE123 pixel controller and all it's addon boards would need to be done as well.

The incentive for making the videos is that the boards would be supplied for working with and as payment.
I'm after something of the quality that Clyde Lindsey (Leechburg Lights) and Andy Harrison and a few others do. I asked Clyde about doing some a while ago but at the time he was getting ready to do some for the F16 V3.
Below is a video by Clyde something along the likes of what I'm after.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Iqmstc6fsY

AAH

I should have said that priority would go to someone who has existing youtube videos, preferably blinky ones. The boards wouldn't be sent out as a whole batch initially. The boards are listed in pretty much the priority I have in getting them made.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I've got one of your USB - DMX Dongles, very happy with it, could probably do a video, but doubt it would be anywhere nears as good as any of Clyde's.

AAH

I've got one of your USB - DMX Dongles, very happy with it, could probably do a video, but doubt it would be anywhere nears as good as any of Clyde's.
The usb 1 isn't necessarily as easy as it sounds. The 1 that I linked to by Clyde is good but it just covers connecting to Xlights. You can use the same dongle to connect to a PC running Xlights, Vixen or LOR and you can also connect it to a Pi running FPP.
An eloquent talking voice, knowledge of how to do connect the boards, video editing for overlays and the ability to markup drawings are what's needed for the whole series. I fail on the 1st and last requirement.

AAH

Woohoo. It looks like I may have found a youtube guru.
Thanks Ryan for pointing me in the direction.

AAH

Jeff Lacey has created a 1st video for me. I just threw some boards his direction along with some user manual and next to no directions as to what I wanted. As time goes by I'll get some "how to" videos done to make it easier for people to connect up and use my boards.
Thanks again Jeff.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWS5KNOPWh0