Inserting pixels into ChromaBulbs

SammyG

New elf
Greetings
I have 5 ChromaBulbs from Extreme Lighting Displays-3 standing up and 2 hanging down together with 5 143pixel custom strings from Paul at Light it Up LEDs.
Once assembled I would like to be able to use sequences from other members in addition to making my own.
  1. Where is the best place to start/finish inserting the pixels?
  2. Where in the custom string should I place the mouth and eyes?
  3. Anything else I need to consider.
Thanks

Place the props within xLights on your layout using the Download function and selecting the appropriate Boscoyo props (what Troy/ELD cuts).
Then, right click them and select "Wiring View" It'll show the nodes in order.
You will need to ensure that they are inserted in the right order otherwise it'll be all muddled up.

Some go via the screw part of the bulb, around a bit, then to the eyes, and mouth, and some models zig-zag everywhere.

With the wiring view - note that it says "Reverse View" -- it shows you how the pixels look from the *back* of the prop -- because that's how you push them.

Make sure you use the same wiring as what's in xlights -- It makes all the other steps so much easier.

Thanks!
I thought that the order would be important.
Newbee so I better get going with xLights first!

If it is not marked on the back I will take a contrasting sharpie and mark areas of importance for wiring. Maybe around the eyes and mouth to make sure I did not skip or push pixels in the wrong spot. I'll also mark certain counts of maybe 50 and 100 to alert me if perhaps I accidentally skipped a hole somewhere.

Back