Interactive bracelets or light wands

assilem4791

If I rest, I rust.

If you go about halfway down the page, there are bracelets and light wands to purchase that work at any location. This would be exceptionally cool if there is a way to incorporate it into a DIY show through xlights. Maybe there is already a way? If not, it would be pretty cool to see it developed.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Yeah you can, typically those systems can have a DMX based transmitter attached.

There has been some people discuss/use/bulk buy these in the xlights facebook group in the past.

TerryK

Retired Elf
If you have an interest in 'wear-ables', note that there is also a small industry of controllers and LEDs that can be stitched on clothing. Last I checked the LEDs are R, G, or B; not RGB. Conductive thread (very fine 2 or 3 strand stainless) is used for the sewing; by hand of course). The controller about the size of a round Ritz cracker is typically powered by a button cell or small mAh LiPo battery.

Controllers are programmable although not yet by xLights. As would be expected, capabilities are limited due to size and power reserves.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I have the system from GFLAI (rfbracelet) as reviewed and demonstrated on this thread
They have a minimum order quantity of 200 bracelets, but do cheaper deals for over 500. The last couple of years someone has organised a bulk buy.