Introducing Light-O-Rama Christmas Light Control Systems

darkeyrie

Light-O-Rama User
Hello Everyone!

This topic is intended to provide beginners a place to ask questions when starting out navigating the maze that is musical and sequenced Christmas lighting using Light-O-Rama products.

Who is Light-O-Rama? - They are a company based in New York state in the USA that makes lighting control systems. You can find their website here: http://www.lightorama.com/

How do I get started? - They have a good introduction to their system that you can read here: http://www.lightorama.com/TypicalSetups.html

This is all USA based - does it work here? - Yes - but with some caveats. Some of the things discussed around the USA based forums for Light-O-Rama are targetting 110V AC mains countries. Here in Australia we use 240V AC. The controllers will run on 240V fine with the correct settings applied. The problem is the cost if you want to go fully plug and play - and also what lights you can obtain here that are easy to drive with this equipment. It is this reason that you find many enthusiasts here migrate towards low voltage DC systems and away from 240V. See the discussion on the DC LOR sub-topic for more information on that.

Detailed questions about 240V controllers can be asked in the 240V section.

Finally - my simple rules for this forum sub-group: -

1. No Question is Stupid or silly.
2. Don't be shy to ask a question!
3. If you are replying to a newbie's question, please do so respectfully and in line with good forum etiquette.
4. It does pay to search the forum first to see if your question has already been answered. This way we can keep the overall content of the board concise and relevant to all who come here :)

Regards,
Grant

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
Hi Grant,

Thanks for the info. I am very new to all of this and have read the introduction articles and also seen your videos. I really know nothing about all of this electrical talk and the more I read the more confused I get. I now don't know where or how to start.
My original thoughts were to go with the LOR 240 volt where I can simply plug the lights in and away I go. This seemed the easiest but I have now discovered this may not be so easy. I was also considering getting some lights from mytbrite lights and use these to plug straight in.
I know nothing about boards or wiring. Please help!!!!

Benslights

Dedicated elf
dez this post is 3 years old why not drop into chat and ask a few questions there and we can head you in the right direction