Kulp K8-B and Beaglebone not talking to each other

jfinke

New elf
Hello all,

Posted on facebook and got some advice, but figured I would post here as well. I purchased a K8-B with BB back in 2020 and then life got distracting. Trying to resurrect everything now.

Looks like the beaglebone is not talking to the K8-B. I updated FPP on the beaglebone. I am able to run test strings on the controller physcially. But I don't see the K8-B when I log into the FPP web interface.

Tried unplugging the BB and wiping the pins with alcohol twice, but hasn't made a difference.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

merryoncherry

Senior elf
This sounds like the sort of case where something about the EEPROM (or lack thereof) that identifies the cape to the BBB is mentioned. But I don't have any that are that old, don't know the history that far back. You might ask about that on the vendor's forum.

jfinke

New elf
This sounds like the sort of case where something about the EEPROM (or lack thereof) that identifies the cape to the BBB is mentioned. But I don't have any that are that old, don't know the history that far back. You might ask about that on the vendor's forum.
Thanks!

jfinke

New elf
My K16A-B from 2020 did that this year, but I believe it was just that the RTC battery was dead. A reboot fixed it for me, but you might try replacing the battery.
Thanks! I will look into that as well.