LF Personal offer ending 1st May 2013

msearancke

New elf
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has supported this initiative and purchased the LightFactory personal edition. Support for this product will continue indefinitely and you will always be able to contact us through our support pages on our web site: www.lightfactory.net

Unfortunately the uptake on this product has not been what we expected to justify the significant discount offered. We feel that it would be unfair to our professional customers to continue offering the product at this price.

The offer will continue until the end of this month and will be turned off on the 1st of May 2013.

Thank you again and I hope your 2013 shows are spectacular.

Regards,
Martin

Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions Ltd.

kane

Dedicated elf
msearancke said:
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has supported this initiative and purchased the LightFactory personal edition. Support for this product will continue indefinitely and you will always be able to contact us through our support pages on our web site: www.lightfactory.net

Unfortunately the uptake on this product has not been what we expected to justify the significant discount offered. We feel that it would be unfair to our professional customers to continue offering the product at this price.

The offer will continue until the end of this month and will be turned off on the 1st of May 2013.

Thank you again and I hope your 2013 shows are spectacular.
That's a pity that it won't be an option - I did think about buying it myself, but really did not have the time to learn something new - for a couple hundred, I would have just bought it, but for $500, I'd have to be sure that I was going to use it.

I'd be very surprised if your professional customers were upset that you offered the discounted product to the hobby market. After all, we are exactly that - hobbyists, and not making a living out of this.

If anything, offering the hobby product could result in sales of the full product, due to greater exposure.. Obviously there hasn't been the take up you were hoping for (probably because $500 is still a lot of money for a lot of people), but this may change over time

Anyway, best of luck and sorry that it hasn't worked out

Cheers

Kane

pgchristmas

New elf
The cart on the web site is down today :-( I am trying to purchase both the LSP, and the USB key. Do you think they would honor the deal, and extend 1 more day (after the cart is fixed)?

msearancke

New elf
I am sorry about this. We have had some technical issues crop up overnight that we are working on resolving. It looks like our hosting company upgraded something without notifying us.
The sales system is back up and running now but we are still working on a few issues. We hope to have this fully resolved by the end of today.

I will keep the LFP going for the next 3 days in case this has prevented anyone from purchasing it.

Martin

pgchristmas

New elf
Thanks Martin,
I got some great email support from you team, and the order was placed.
Now, I need to schedule some time to play with the software, and setup a few trees to flash! :)
Thank you,
Michael