LOR controller in DMX with ECG-P2

bdt

Apprentice elf
I’m confused on running LOR controllers in DMX mode. Can I run the LOR CTB16PC controller in DMX mode using an ECG-P2 controller to drive it?

i13

Dedicated elf
You need an E1.31 to DMX bridge which some pixel controllers have built in. A USB dongle will work but an E1.31 to DMX bridge is more reliable. You'll also need a crossover cable.

jediknight2

Full time elf
A Sandevices E6802, E682 or Falcon F16v2 can drive a LOR box just fine in DMX mode. As stated making a simple crossover cable is needed.

bdt

Apprentice elf
I just keep getting myself deeper and deeper in trouble. I would like to turn on my lights Thanksgiving night so I decided the best thing to do would be to remove all my LOR channels. Now everything is messed up :-[

Here’s some history;
I converted my last year’s LOR sequences to xLights and then added a mega pixel tree, etc. The first 69 channels were the LOR controllers.

My first test was with my small pixel trees. When I turned on the output to lights, xLights gave me a warning that it couldn’t see the LOR controllers (can’t remember exact wording), I was only testing the small pixel trees and I didn’t have the LOR controllers connected so I didn’t think it was a big deal. Testing worked great except all my DMX channels were off 69 channels. I assumed it was because my LOR channels were the first 69 channels. A few days ago I started hooking everything up and that’s when I learned xLights can’t control the LOR controllers unless they are in DMX mode.

Last night I decided the best thing to do would be to remove my LOR channels. So, I removed the LOR models, and then the LOR channels from the network setup and renumbered my DMX channels to start at channel 1 vs. 70. Now when I play a sequence all my old LOR sequencing that I thought I removed plays on the first 69 channels of the first DMX model and all the models are messed up the same amount. I thought maybe I need to delete the effects before I remove the model, but even if I delete the effects they come back when I render the sequence, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong; why I can’t remove my LOR channels?