LOR - DMX help needed

videoman3857

Full time elf
Hi All. I need some LOR - DMX help ... yeah, yeah, I know Use X lights - use a Falcon. ;)

I have a LOR system that runs off the red Dongle
I am using CMB16, CMB24 and Pixie16 boards and everything works fine.
I have acquired 3 x AAHMEAGA60boards that I would like to incorporate into my display, but have no idea how to go about it.
I am using SE 4.4.4
I have set up a simple test sequence using LOR DMX settings Device type: DMX, network Universe 1, Address/Circuit 1 - 15 Being the first 15 circuit board channels on zone 1
The jumpers on the board have been set to LOR (all set to the far right of the DMX 1 and 2 sockets)
The Dip switches are all set to off with the exception of switch 10 which aligns to DMx address 1
I plug the board into my LOR dongle via cat 5 cable. ( I have tried both the Black and the Red dongle)
when I run my sequence - nothing happens.

The board displays the red power light, the Blue light is steady when an address is selected with the dip switches and flashes if all dips are off.
The in built test sequence works fine
The Green communication light never comes on.

What am I missing / doing wrong ?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It's easier to not miss replies on here compared to FB.
Is the lor comm listener firing up?
In the network setup U need to set the lor network to none and assign a comm port to the open dmx dongle. Either reply to me here or email me some screenshots of your setup. I'm going off memory and haven't used lor for years. I could try TeamViewer with you to sort lor config but having issues with that.

As a quick test that you have everything connected close down LOR completely especially the control panel. Fire up da_tester (https://www.da-share.com/software/da_tester/) from ACL and Queenslands very own David)AVD. For the connection type select USB DMX and hopefully it will detect your LOR dongle. Click on "Output" to start sending data. In theory you should now be able to fade lights up and down on all your controllers. Assuming that that works then your jumpers are all set right.

Post your results back in here.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Hi Allan
Sorry, yes I missed your FB Reply.
Yes the LOR comm listener is on.
Yes the board works with da tester.
screen shots attached.
I am pretty sure I have the set up correct - but you never know.

Peter

Attachments

• controller set up.JPG
    controller set up.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 8
  • LOR network 1.JPG
    LOR network 1.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 9
  • network DMX.JPG
    network DMX.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 8

videoman3857

Full time elf
Should I perhaps run this on its own dongle network, rather than trying to combine it with the LOR dongle?
I have 7 x cmb24 boards and 20 x cmb16 boards on this dongle network.

AAH

It all looks good to me except for the LOR network should be set to none.

AAH

ok, So if I set LOR network to none, how do the LOR boards function ?
All the channels need to be converted to dmx. LOR boards will accept dmx data. Each controller takes up 16 dmx channels. Controller 1 would be dmx universe 1 channels 1-16. Controller 2 would be dmx universe 1 channels 17-32 and so on.
On the prop definitions screen change the props from LOR to dmx and everything on the 1 dongle will be universe 1.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Ahhhh. Got ya. I thought it was a combination of LOR and DMX settings and all off the 1 dongle, not converting all to DMX
Thanks for the help Allan.