Lor smart and dumb pixel and networks

Dr martens

New elf
I'm trying to figure out a layout and which dongles to use or not use
In layout I have lor 48 channel 6ccr on a red lor dongle works good
I'm adding a ecgp2 and p12 on a separate e131
I want to add a few dumb pixels I have more lor dongles red and black and a cross over cable and a anti dongle but not sure what to use
Thx

dariansdad

New elf
I'm assuming this is the Actidongle from holidaycoro. If so, you can use it for a single universe of Dumb RGB without the crossover cable. If you use the LOR dongles, you will need the crossover.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Personally i stopped using dongles and instead use E1.31 for my whole system including my CCR controllers. I use my LOR gear in DMX mode using a ECG-D4 to convert to DMX. This way when i sequence in treat all my lights and outputs as E1.31

But if your using the dongles then I think Ron has the correct advice

Dr martens

New elf
Is there any advantage to use the actidongle to the lor USB 485 with crossover? Is there any difference between the red and black lor USB dongle if used in dmx with the crossover. I do use lor red USB dongle with my ccr and regular lor controllers in the 500k speed ( with no issues)
Can I use the ECG p12 cat five connection to run my 10 "dumb rgb controllers" and then daisy to 2 p2 controllers
How do I tell if it's a p12r or s
I have read and learned a ton from 101 guide ( going to look it over again)
I thank you guys

Dr martens

New elf
I'm going into my third year with lor you would think I would have this all figured out by now. I like the idea to go all dmx and e1.31 but I'm afraid to mess what I have working. Once I get a handle on this I will go all dmx but I got a long way to go.
Again I thank you guys