LOR technology in Europe

XiaoRZ

New elf
Hello everyone,

I am new here. I live in Europe (Czech Republic) and I would like to start with computer animated xmas show. I haven't found any european forum about lighting show, so I am asking here. I already checked AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual101 light manual, but I am a bit confused. I thought about purchasing some LOR technology (240v controllers since we have 230v network). I would like to ask you if my lights will work with LOR effects (shimmer, fade, etc.). I have got lights (Schuko power plugs) with transformers to drop the voltage down from 230V to 31V, photo here:

Thanks for help!

IMG_20221121_171206.jpg

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I would like to ask you if my lights will work with LOR effects (shimmer, fade, etc.). I have got lights (Schuko power plugs) with transformers to drop the voltage down from 230V to 31V, photo here:

View attachment 21534
Low voltage lights commonly use 'switchmode power supplies'. The one pictured is a switchmode power supply.
These type of power supplies cannot be dimmed.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The plugpack shown is what appears to be 1 of the 2 wire 2 channel controllers that are becoming very common. As far as I know the only computer control options for these are the controllers that I make which sadly are in Australia and not Europe. The DMX2-24 (which superceded the DMX2-18) and the 2811DC2-30 . You could control the DMX2-24 via LOR if you wanted to. Controlling via Xlights is easier and cheaper.
There is info on the lights at https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Controlling-2-wire-Multi-Function-LED-Strings and a link from there to da-share where David has more info.