LOR to DMX Controllers

William Stevens

New elf
Hi Folks, previously my displays have been run on 2 Light-O-Rama 16 Channel AC controllers.
I have recently purchased a DMX36MK2 from Hanson Electronics to improve the display with DMX devices. Can anyone point me towards a good example of how to setup the new configuration. I have the advanced version of Showtime and a crossover adapter for linking the last LOR controller to the dmx board. I have followed the limited instructions supplied by both LOR & Hansons' but cannot get the DMX board to operate. I have run the onboard test with success and everything is connected correctly. The only thing I can think of is that I haven't configured the LOR Hardware Utility correctly????

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The onboard test only does the LOR protocol.
If you can post screenshots of the Network Setup for the LOR and DMX tabs and also the prop definitions I may be able to help. S5 has changed massively from LOR S3 and I have little idea of how to do channel setup now.
The 3 places you need to change from LOR to DMX are below. I have no idea how to change 32 or 68 channels to DMX in 1 go.

Xlights is much easier to work with than LOR these days, it's free and nearly everyone on ACL is using it which makes it easier to support and give advice.

Attachments

• Prop-channels.jpg
    Prop-channels.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Network-DMX.jpg
    Network-DMX.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 17
  • Network-LOR.jpg
    Network-LOR.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 17