lor to xlights

smits25u

New elf
Not sure if this is where to go, but it was the closest i saw

I have a ctb16d lor controller. connected to computer via rs485 usb. I have the controller setup in xlights, id 1. i have a 16 channel block model from channels 1 to 16. I can see the led on the lor is solid when i turn the lights on through xlights, but it doesn't control the lights....ideas?

smits25u

New elf
oh, when i use the lor hardware manager, to test outputs and lights everything works fine

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
maybe a setup issue in xlights somewhere,
can you post screenshots of Controller tab and Layout tab
Does it work in test mode in xLights

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you've got the LOR control panel running then LOR and xlights are probably having a battle over control of the dongle. Before you can get control in xlights you need to shutdown LOR completely.
Assuming that you're planning on running in DMX mode then you're probably going to have to setup as per the screenshot below. You'll have to work out what comm port the dongle is assigned to and set the protocol as Open DMX.

Attachments

• gumby heads up.jpg
    gumby heads up.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 20

smits25u

New elf
hey guys i got it. i was testing connected via xlights via usb. i got it. i think it was in how i was setting up channels. its working now. next doig it through dmx on the falcon controller. I tried on the rpi 28d with only failure. won't connect.

sideshow07

New elf
I have the same issue and can't connect my control to Xlights. When you got it, what did you do differently? Thanks in advance!