Lost all Layering & Colours in sequences

Jayxdallis

Bayrise Lights
Hey All

I'm not sure what has changed in Xlights but I've come to final check my sequences and upload to FPP & when I load my sequence, Render and view preview prior to upload I find that some effects don't work, layers are not working and colours are all wrong! I figure id install the latest release of Xlights to 2021-34 and this did not fix, tried going back as far as 2021-30, still the same! restart computer, check for anything that may be out of place and I cant find nothing! this happens to every sequence I have.

I have Also Downloaded Xlights on a IMac to test & the exact same issue happens here too.

This is killing me to fix this issue, any help would be appreciated!

Regards

Jay

Last edited:

Jayxdallis

Bayrise Lights
Start with a tools-check sequence to make sure you don't have any overlapping channels etc
Maybe thanks!! I found quite a few errors in here with overlapping channels and gaps in models. not sure how as I've not changed anything yet that was tomorrows plan but look like now I need to clean up my layout & settings!

Jayxdallis

Bayrise Lights
Hey @LawrenceDriveLights how do I manage gaps in channels? my models are setup in order of when they go added to the display adding on from the last channel however they may be connected to props far from the next channel in line!

I'm finding the visualizer for organising port outputs on the controller does not like to sort the props in order from connection point and the following error is in that "check sequence" test you mentioned

Non contiguous channels on controller ports
WARN: Model 'Boscoyo ChromaFlake 16 3 prong-3' and Model 'rhs roof 2' are on controller IP '192.168.8.xxx' Output Connection 'ws2811:22:brightness=60' but there is a gap of 1551 channels between them.
WARN: Model 'rhs roof 2' and Model 'Rhs roof gulley' are on controller IP '192.168.8.xxx' Output Connection 'ws2811:22:brightness=60' but there is a gap of 369 channels between them.