LSP Scheduler Error

arw01

Full time elf
The spinning dots means your lightshowprohelper.exe service is not running.

I had some issues with it last year not starting up reliably and would manually run it and be fine. I worked with one of the developers and we diagnosed part of the issue to using a network drive instead of a local drive and that has been an issue they have not figured out since it should not make any difference and appears to be related to how windows connects to a samba device and some authentication windows does not send that samba wants.. (that is my guess reading some logs on my linux server)

anways that's an easy one. With the other issue with wierd errors, that's most likely corruption in the download. Run an MP5 on the download and post the hash here and the program you used. A couple of us can check our download we have sitting.

after that I would reinstall some core DLL's up upgrade them, something corrupt.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Fasteddy said:
It great to post issues here, but that should only be secondary to placing a post over at the LSP forum as well so to maximize your chance of getting the issue resolved.

Yes, it is the LSP forum topics that I was referring to that I will be looking over to try to solve the problem. It is still disappointing that a well known bug pointed out and discussed last year does not seem to be fully resolved - but hopefully in the next update it will finally be gone [emoji3]

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I have sent an email to the developers to take a look at this thread and hopefully there may be a resolution

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Some further info from the developer

1: If you have downloaded the latest version, they will need a new key if they have not obtained one.
2: Run Windows update as you maybe missing an up to date dependency
3: You can also pull the latest log file in c:\program data\Minleon\lightshowpro\server\logs and send it to us. That may give us a little more info to help

Jimbo

Full time elf
Thanks eddy. Logandc99 glad to here someone else had the same issue! I thinking posted the same time u did first so I didn't see your original post. I will post in future at LSP forum.
Cheers.

I will do all updates and check all that has been reccomended.

In regards to registaring scheduler, I click register but nothing happens. The error comes up when I close it because nothing happens. Will re download tonight.

kenlmcse

Lightshowpro Developer
I read all the posts; I agree with Eddy LSP's forum and Ticketing system is there for your use. Also there is a FB group that is pretty active.

Anyway, this error is your computer does not have the correct version of the .NET Framework.

Most people get automatic updates from Microsoft (Windows Updates in your control panel). I am not sure why your computer is not getting automatic updates but I can tell you that you need to find out and fix it. These updates patch your computer and keep hackers from getting in to it.

You can get the latest .NET Framework from : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Jimbo said:
Bit annoyed again.

I downloaded scheduler and installed. When I open it nothing woks.

When I close it I get this error

An unexpected error occurred.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

COuld not load file or assembly "System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e,Retargetable=YES'orone of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131047)

To be honest, I am pretty disappointed that there are these issues still. I downloaded the file form the site and installed it and get this.

I have uninstalled and installed several times. I thought scheduler was supposed to be stable? I now don't know if my whole show is in jeopardy, because I have no idea how to fix this.

I like the features of LSP, but seriously, there are some real bugs with this program that need addressing.

What am I meant to do with the above error?