Matrix issues letters upside down and backwards

Julie

New elf
Have a small matrix section of Santa hat 8 rows deep with 21 pixels wide total 168 pixels. Using advatek and running 1 string with power Injection but string running zig zag which I have set up at pixel 21 in the advatek controller. All lights glowing nicely in test and pattens but in sequencing matrix type the word merry to run across the matrix the M is correct as is the E but RR is upside down and the Y is side ways quite funny but bit hard to read. Is there a how to video for basic wording that I have missed. Read a few threads but obviously missing something.

i13

Dedicated elf
Does it appear correctly in the xLights preview? If it doesn't, try rendering all.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Could you also share a screen shot of how you have the Matrix configured in xLights and also what the starting location of the first pixel in the Matrix is

Julie

New elf
Sorry for the delay work got in the way which is somewhat rude especially this time of year.

Julie

New elf
and here is the zigzag from advatek

Attachments

• advatek zigzag.PNG
    advatek zigzag.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 9

Julie

New elf
Sadly no luck Brought the letters in from both ends to join in the middle i have played around in the advatek and took off the reverse in the advatek left the zigzag now at least all going the correct way will keep playing around with it Thankyou

Last edited:

i13

Dedicated elf
Try turning off the Reversed and the Zig Zag in the Advatek settings. I don't know Advatek controllers but I would expect that xLights has already handled this.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.