Mega Tree Star Material & Thickness

Homer911

New elf
Hey Guys,

I made a mega tree last year and this year I would like to make a star to add to the display.

I would like to know what other people use for the material. I was thinking to use this Flute Board from Bunnings. (5mm thick) I'm not sure that would be thick enough.

I will be using pixel nodes (bullets) that fit through the pixel strips so just wondering how peeps secure them into the Flute Board?? I should have about 100 pixels on the star.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also worth checking out Christmas Props Australia, lots of options to choose from. I’d go the prepmade option rather than making it yourself, cost/time ratio doesn’t really add up for me.

I used 5mm core flute for 25cm mini tree stars using seed pixels and is the maximum of its capacity I think. It is quite flimsy and wouldn't want to make something bigger or stick 100 heavier bullets on it...

I use the 5mm core flute and it is quite flimsy. I strengthen the back of the props where possible (extra core flute or pvc conduit), limit the size of the prop and mount flat against walls. I would think a Mega Tree Star would be fairly susceptible to wind damage.

To secure bullets I use a 12mm Wad Punch. I have drilled holes with a step drill before, it works but isn't very neat and takes a long time to do.

Back