Melbourne/Vic Melbourne PlugFest 2016: Catering...

multicast

Senior elf
I like to suggest the following for catering;

Morning and Afternoon tea.. Please bring a tin/box/packet of something yummy to share.. and your choice of horrible sugar drinks if you need to. Points awarded to best home baking..

Sat Lunch. Subway, preordered and delivered. If there are any special dietry requests, then this can be sorted out.. AAH, i can give you a plate of TimTims if you want.

Sat Evening.. We can have a collective munch at one of the local eaterys / pubs near CNC Design. there are quite a few low cost options around the place, that are quite yummy. tuppetsdad can probalby suggest somethign good.

Sunday Lunch.. BBQ.

Cost for catering $20 ( for two lunches ).

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Mr Multi

All sounds good to me, but as I'll be flying in and not knowing the area and such, I'd be happy to make a donation towards the catering instead of having to bring things or find shops etc.

As I said I don't know the area, but I've often been to things where the local cafe or cake shop can supply morning tea goodies ?

or perhaps one of the locals can do a runner to Woollies for Lamo's and tim tams?

As a thank you to the help I've received from the group, and because I can't do much to help with the Mini, I'll donate $50 towards the morning teas if someone is able to do the shopping bit.

Subway sounds good, I believe they can do catering platters of mixed sangas? a lot easier to order perhaps?

Sat night at a pub or similar looks like a plan, I owe a few people some beers for all their help and as long as the taxi can find it and then take me back to my motel I'm good.

Cheers
Fing

multicast

Senior elf
Fing said:
Hi Mr Multi

All sounds good to me, but as I'll be flying in and not knowing the area and such, I'd be happy to make a donation towards the catering instead of having to bring things or find shops etc.

There is a supermarket down the road. And i'm flying in from another planet, and i'll be doing the same. We can do a runner to the local bakery.. ( Melbourne has some amazing bakerys )...

Subway sounds good, I believe they can do catering platters of mixed sangas? a lot easier to order perhaps?

yes, its pretty much the brain dead solution that wont' offend too many.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't have much against Subway other than it's overpriced for what you get and it's not really as healthy as it's made out to be. The best thing about Subway is by far the cookies. Personally I'd rather a BBQ each day rather than Subway but I will go with the flow. As long as there is some Coke Zero and Tim Tams to go with the blinky lights I'll be happy. Hell I'm happy enough if there is just water (from a tap not overpriced bottled and Subway cookies to go with blinky lights.

multicast

Senior elf
AAH said:
I don't have much against Subway other than it's overpriced for what you get and it's not really as healthy as it's made out to be. The best thing about Subway is by far the cookies. Personally I'd rather a BBQ each day rather than Subway but I will go with the flow. As long as there is some Coke Zero and Tim Tams to go with the blinky lights I'll be happy. Hell I'm happy enough if there is just water (from a tap not overpriced bottled and Subway cookies to go with blinky lights.

AAH, i'll pack you a special lunch of extremly healthy food. You will get a plate of steamed kale and brocoflowers.

buzzdude

Full time elf
I'll grab muffins, pastries, sandwiches and some variety canned softdrinks from Costco. Will also get sausages and hamburgers for the barbie. Do we want onions?

multicast

Senior elf
buzzdude said:
I'll grab muffins, pastries, sandwiches and some variety canned softdrinks from Costco. Will also get sausages and hamburgers for the barbie. Do we want onions?

Buzzdude, do you want to arrange the BBQ lunch for Sunday then? THe bbq is at CNC design. and you can collect $10 a head to cover your costs... If you want to do that its awesome.

buzzdude

Full time elf
multicast said:
buzzdude said:

Buzzdude, do you want to arrange the BBQ lunch for Sunday then? THe bbq is at CNC design. and you can collect $10 a head to cover your costs... If you want to do that its awesome.

Ok, not a problem. Assuming there is a BBQ on site :D , I will get the following, providing no objections

1. Sausages
2. Hamburgers
3. Salads - Potato and Coleslaw
4. Bread
5. Paper plates, knives\forks, napkins, wipes, disinfectant hand wash :D
6. BBQ and Tomato Sauces

Shane

multicast

Senior elf
buzzdude said:
multicast said:
buzzdude said:

Ok, not a problem. Assuming there is a BBQ on site :D , I will get the following, providing no objections

1. Sausages
2. Hamburgers
3. Salads - Potato and Coleslaw
4. Bread
5. Paper plates, knives\forks, napkins, wipes, disinfectant hand wash :D
6. BBQ and Tomato Sauces

Shane

Yes, there is a BBQ there.

BoonDogs

I am self diagnosed with CLAP
Are there any bakery's close in the area? I don't eat meat, don't want to make it a problem, so I'm happy to duck down to a bakery or something if need be.

multicast

Senior elf
BoonDogs said:
Are there any bakery's close in the area? I don't eat meat, don't want to make it a problem, so I'm happy to duck down to a bakery or something if need be.

We're vege freindly.. ( Well at least i am! )..