Memory to Function Controllers

Fryups

New elf
I have seen the instructions where to replace the capacitor to 1000uf 16v, which works on some of my controllers, however my arlec lights have a controller the size of a match box and once opened last night, there is no capacitor to replace.
Im trying to add pics of the function board but having problems trying to upload

i13

Dedicated elf
Use the "Attachments and other options" immediately below where you'd type the post.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Also make sure the file size is not too large, try making the image smaller if its a large file

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The Arlec controllers appear to come it 2 types and 2 sub types and both sub types use the same pcb. The difference is that the ones with memory have an eeprom on them. The 2 "types" are a plugpack plus controller or plugpack with integrated controller. The ones that don't have a memory have the footprint for the eeprom but it isn't loaded. It's not too hard to source the 24C02B (or 24C02N) eeprom to fix that. Element 14 as well as plenty of other suppliers stock them. They are a SOIC so they are a little on the small size but with careful soldering using under 0.5mm solder or solder paste it isn't that hard to solder them up.
The video below shows the plugpack with controller and some background info. It's quite informative even if Clive is a bit of a scary man around 240V.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1GyCe5a6mM