Morning All, Mawson from Rozelle in Sydney

Mawson

New elf
I have not done Christmas lights before though have displays for halloween. I have mostly written my own code for automation. Just look at controllers and tools as its getting more complex for creation.

Attachments

• IMG_7373.JPG
    IMG_7373.JPG
    620.3 KB · Views: 11

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL. Looks like you and lots of others will have plenty of time at home to work on your display.
Writing your own automation code sounds like hard work. What sort of stuff are you controlling with your code?

Mawson

New elf
Afternoon Alan

I mostly control relays (Lights, Fog), Servos and LED Strips and tinker with some sensors. I am experimenting with DMX. I use Arduino, ESP32, Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone Black and some home grown boards. Monitoring is mostly through MQTT. I was looking at Falcon controllers which is how I found this site. I moved to VSA (Servo) for show automation for speed though tend to hard code if I want to keep the project.

I was also looking for a timeline editor to allow all this to be easier than hand coding. The coding was ok but timing can be a problem. I tend to change languages based on the hardware.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Mawson. There's a few experts around who could help out with your specific enquiry, I am not one of them :D