My 2013 pixel layout, advice appreciated

jimcllc

Apprentice elf
This is what I am planning. I figure to have a PR12R in the middle. I am assuming I will run 1 cable for each rgb mini tree from the PR12R with its own power supply. Then I run a cable to each firestick with its own power supply. Then run a cable to the garage with 3 possible power supplies? That seems like alot of power supplies. I am sure I am misunderstanding something

Attachments

• 2013rgbplan.doc
    27 KB · Views: 87

slug

New elf
Depends on the pixel types. You may need to insert some nulls with the longer runs. I'm using the 3001 ICs and I'm starting to see a pink hue when they are white on the longer runs. I don't know anything about the PR12R controller though.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
slug said:
Depends on the pixel types. You may need to insert some nulls with the longer runs. I'm using the 3001 ICs and I'm starting to see a pink hue when they are white on the longer runs. I don't know anything about the PR12R controller though.
The pink hue is not from the data cable (ie a null pixel won't fix it) it is from voltage drop due to the distance between the pixel and its power supply.