My new install

sneakynuts

New elf
Thought i'd start and show my install progress - Just keeping it pretty simple at the moment with permenant leds around the eaves of my house.
Control Box in Garage..
20240112_165453.jpg 20240112_165506.jpg

Leds around eaves..
20241012_175611.jpg 20241012_175618.jpg 20241012_175707.jpg

Now here is the part im annoyed at..
I spend a day installing all ~18m worth of diffuers around my eaves (front of house) and thought i'd test it out with some leds installed.
So i installed about 8m of leds and temp wired them up. They work..Great..
But because the diffuser finishes flush with the bottom side of the fascia - The leds are practicably invisible from the street or anywhere really besides standing under them 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

So now i need to rethink the diffuser location and start again...Bugger!!
Ah well lesson learnt - Should of tested the location before getting too carried away...

Cheers

Did you test in the dark to see how much light they put out?
Yes, tested well after dark and at full brightness
I think because the diffuser finishes flush with the fascia and standing at street level the LEDs are slightly below eye-level, the fascia must provide enough of a block out effect

Thinking of mounting the strips directly to the fascia under the gutter so they face the street directly.

I think because the diffuser finishes flush with the fascia and standing at street level the LEDs are slightly below eye-level, the fascia must provide enough of a block out effect

Thinking of mounting the strips directly to the fascia under the gutter so they face the street directly.
That is what I have done. I think strip has limited 'peripheral' light so best facing directly towards viewers

1728858033770.png

In the corner of the eave and the wall I have some 30led/m strip cable tied to conduit. This is facing down, it gives a fair amount of wash on the walls.
The 4 verticals on the corner of the house, and the front door is also outlined with the same strip - pointing towards the audience. The wall has no direct points of light like the rest.
Mind you, my house walls are white so that might help.

if you can use that profile elsewhere (verticals?), you might have more success with a 45* extrusion...?

View attachment 27330

In the corner of the eave and the wall I have some 30led/m strip cable tied to conduit. This is facing down, it gives a fair amount of wash on the walls.
The 4 verticals on the corner of the house, and the front door is also outlined with the same strip - pointing towards the audience. The wall has no direct points of light like the rest.
Mind you, my house walls are white so that might help.
Wow that is impressive. I think the diffuser might be his issue here though 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for all you comments guys
Ive installed new profile on the face of the fascia facing the street now. Just started re-soldering my strips together so hopefully will have them mounted next day or 2.

Ive left the original channel in place for now - who know, might find a use for them - otherwise ill need to strip them off and repaint my eaves!

Back