My Witts End!!!!

ellipticrecords

New elf
I am a newbie to setting up anything via a network and as such i am struggling to connect to my K4-PB via my home network. The K4 shows an IP address but no matter what i try via a web browser i cannot connect to it!!!! What am i doing wrong, i thought if i just put the IP in to a browser it should connect? Or am i missing something? I'm trying to connect via WIFI to the K4.
Any help would be appreciated.

ThanksIMG_20210131_090536.jpgIMG_20210131_090536.jpg

Kockie_nl

New elf
Did you already connect it to your wifi network? If not: search for a wifi network "FPP" with password "Christmas". You should be able to log in and change the wifi settings.

ellipticrecords

New elf
Did you already connect it to your wifi network? If not: search for a wifi network "FPP" with password "Christmas". You should be able to log in and change the wifi settings.
Ive searched and nothing appears in the "Available Networks" pop up in Windows

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
Format the SD card, re-install the FPP software, and meet me in the xLights Zoom room. If you can't do it now, let me know when you can meet me there. I'm on AST or UTC - 4.

dkulp

Full time elf
Which Wifi adapter is that? Is that a 150M or 1200M? If it's a 150, the tether likely doesn't work. However, if that USB cord is plugged into your computer AND it's a "data cable" (not a charge only cable), then you should be able to point your browser at 192.168.7.2 or 192.168.6.2.

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
@dkulp I have one in front of me, configured as I asked him to do his. I'll try walk him through it on zoom.

Nojoy

Full time elf
Team, @ellipticrecords has confirmed a conflict between their home lan address range (192.168.1.1) and the Kulp (192.168.8.1). Im out til tomorrow, so if anyone can run them through how to reconfigure the Kulp address range to 192.168.1.x, or how to reconfigure their home network (if open to that), that would likely resolve the issue.

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
My offer to help through zoom is open. Being able to share screens will help resolve the issues quickly.

ellipticrecords

New elf
My offer to help through zoom is open. Being able to share screens will help resolve the issues quickly.
Hi, happy to jump on Zoom later today if you can guide me through that would be great. I understand basics of networking but not had to dive in to IP addresses before, etc. Once im free from work i will message you, that OK?

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
yes. I'll need to go out later to shovel the snow that's coming down. Try to give me a heads up of an hour or so.

ellipticrecords

New elf
@oldsalt
ok, I'm there now
Think i missed you? I was on, i have connected the K4 via an ethernet and i get an IP that will work (192.168.1.xx) i can connect to the FPP. As soon as i connect the WIFI adaptor im back to the 192.168.8.xx. How do i set it so the wifi stays at a 192.168.1.xx so the router will work with it??

Old Salt

Apprentice elf
I was there until 12:20. I left for an hour to clear snow. We had 15 cm/6" last night, and now we are expecting heavy rain. I couldn't take a chance on it freezing up.I'm headed back to zoom now.

ellipticrecords

New elf
I was there until 12:20. I left for an hour to clear snow. We had 15 cm/6" last night, and now we are expecting heavy rain. I couldn't take a chance on it freezing up.I'm headed back to zoom now.
WOW!!! We get 3cm in the UK and the whole country stops...