Need Recommendations for Waterproof LED Strips for long runs

xdandev91x

New elf
Hi,

This is probably more of an 'exterior landscaping' question - but I thought I'd post here as I'd love to connect the lights to the Christmas Light Shows we do (either via WLED or Falcon boards).

I am looking to put LEDs around these square concrete pads which have rocks between them. I am hoping to have the LEDs sit under the rocks to give a glowing effect (exactly like this:
View: https://youtu.be/wBBlE80TUO4?si=06qSuQn3gh04IeGh&t=603
).

I've had a look at some of the WS2811 Neon Flex 12V products, but at 12V, I assume power injection at that size run would be a pain - especially when I need strong waterproofing.

Requirements:
  • If you're in Sydney, you know the rain has been getting bad lately and during heavy rain, the gaps between the concrete pads floods. I assume I need a minimum of IP68 rating?
  • Assuming one LED strip to go around all the pads, means I need a run of just under 40m.
Any recommendations on waterproof addressable LEDs for this scenario? Without a strong addressable LED strip, I might be forced to revert to a 240v strip such as https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CCY9VF6..._0?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aref=WbUjPXzHcR&th=1.

Keen for any thoughts on this.

silver_ice

New elf
So, maybe helpful, probably not - more an anecdote, I've bought about 150 metres of 12V WS2811 led strip from Xnbada BST LIGHTING Store on Ali last year, and had a power injected 60 metre run on the roof and 40 metre on the verandah posts... in Central West NSW and we had something like 300mm of rain the time I had it up there, with no issues. It's nominally IP67 which is just a normal strip in a plastic sleeve - where I had to join I just made sure I siliconed it up really well.

The big problem you will face on the ground is not so much rain but water ponding on top of them - I'd be looking for an alu channel with a diffuser on top that would shed water - this would probably be a better chance of working than just flat strips on the ground. FWIW I injected every 10 meters and it all worked fine.

Maybe not helpful but just my experience with them in harsh weather, the injection requirements imo dont make it much harder, once you solve the main water shedding issue.