Order did not arrive in time for Christmas (Overseas order still in transit) - what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel

New elf
On November 9, I bought a decoder (http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/dmx2-18/) to use this Christmas.

50 (FIFTY) days later, the order has not arrived. I have been requesting an explanation and the money back for 20 days but Nanson refuses.
Hanson indicates that it is the fault of Correos Aus and he does NOT want to refund my money. But I don't care, the order is not there and I don't have my money.
Keep giving procrastination. He tells me to keep waiting (Until when Alan?) And other excuses, but he does not make the refund of the money that I have paid for a product that has NOT arrived and that he does not know where it is.

Is this the reliability that Hanson gives?

Katekate

Senior elf
Freight is slow. In case you hadn't heard, there is a global virus pandemic going on.

November 9 is far too late to order an international shipment to arrive before Christmas.

Allan shipped your item, its in the hands of the delivery company.

You just need to wait for it to come.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
50+ days is not unreasonable in the current climate. All a seller can do is lodge an enquiry with Australia Post and await their determination for if a parcel is lost or not. If this has been started for your parcel then you'll see a new entry in the parcel tracking for 'Customer enquiry lodged'.

Your account country flag shows as Spain (determined from your IP). Australia Post says air transport to Spain is suspended for some levels of parcel services. Australia Post quotes sea transport as up to 2-3 months. Just the way it is at the moment, unfortunately.

But on the up-side, there's always next Christmas?

auspost_deliverytimes_2021-12_spain.gif

EDIT: Attached cropped screenshot from Australia Post's site

Note: I have adjusted the title of this thread to better describe the situation.

Last edited:

darylc

404 darylc not found
On November 9, I bought a decoder (http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/dmx2-18/) to use this Christmas.

50 (FIFTY) days later, the order has not arrived. I have been requesting an explanation and the money back for 20 days but Nanson refuses.
Hanson indicates that it is the fault of Correos Aus and he does NOT want to refund my money. But I don't care, the order is not there and I don't have my money.
Keep giving procrastination. He tells me to keep waiting (Until when Alan?) And other excuses, but he does not make the refund of the money that I have paid for a product that has NOT arrived and that he does not know where it is.

Is this the reliability that Hanson gives?
Alan already warned us you were coming when you were threatening him.... You buy from Australia, you pay for slow shipping, you get slow shipping, not his fault.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
As per the nearly 20 previous emails dating back to late November the parcel was sent within 24 hours of the order being received. From the point at which it was posted on 10th November the parcel has been out of my control. The tracking number and a photo of the parcel sitting on the counter at the post office was forwarded to you. I submitted a customer enquiry to AusPost on 13th December and got the reply below:
AusPost said:
"LK*********AU to Spain - Estimate up to 25 business days for delivery, posted 10/11. This means the estimated delivery date for this one was yesterday, the 15th, so it is overdue. For this kind of international parcel we are required by the universal postal union to allow an additional ten business days before we can open an investigation, so we can follow up on this one on the 31st. We cannot request Return to Sender at this time, once it has been scanned in Spain we can ask them to send it back."

AusPost cannot follow up the enquiry until after 31st December by "law".

PayPal's initial response to the dispute is that the dispute would not be looked at until after 5th January at the earliest.

As per both the emails back and forth and the PayPal dispute I have said that I will refund the payment AFTER the goods are returned to me. IF PayPal decides that I have failed in my duty of care and they refund the payment then so be it. The 5th of January is only the first day after public holidays that AusPost could even begin to look at the enquiry.

I have done everything that I should do as a vendor. The order was shipped promptly, I have chased AusPost on 3 separate occasions, even before the PayPal dispute I said that I would refund the money if the board was returned to me.

I have forwarded links to the Australia Post website with their stated delivery times, the information that was sent back to me from AusPost was forwarded across. I cannot force AusPost, the airlines and Correos to deliver packages in timely fashion when you paid $16.50 for freight and handling.

I don't refund for parcels that have been sent in timely fashion. With the worldwide pandemic there are major delays and major shortages worldwide. Pre pandemic a parcel may have been expected from 1 side of the world to the other in under a month. During the Christmas rush the shipping time would fairly typically be a month. With the pandemic and major infections and lockdowns occurring with the delta and omicron variants of covid it is taking much, much longer for all shipments to get anywhere.

You have my condolences that the board didn't arrive before you wanted it but it is beyond my control.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Ohh God.. Hit me Now..
This person sounds like me when i first started, i payed $1 for postage an i want it in 2weeks..
Thank God Ive grown up an realised the Postal system world wide is screwed, an sellers try an do there very best at all times.
But once the Postal system has scanned it, its in there hands, all you can do is pray that it arrives on time.
Just as fustrating for the Seller, like it is for the Buyer

brando

Full time elf
How bizarre to blame a vendor for this. Why would he refund your money? You’ll eventually end up with the product for free at his expense when he’s done nothing wrong. Just as everyone else has said, slow delivery times are just how it is.

Personally I think AusPost are loving the current climate. They usually suck, now they have an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.