Papagayo Update

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Bob (ItsMeBobO) is spearheading an upgrade program written for Papagayo. Cost is projected to be $500.00 to $1000.00. We need some help with the finance from some of you folks that us or have used or even will use this program. If you are not aware of Papagayo, it is a neat program that helps match song lyrics to mouth movements (singing pumpkins, tree;s etc.). The program has not been worked on for quite a while and although it works there are a lot of other things that it could do better. If you would be willing to chip in a couple of bucks a donation link has been set up on his site. Here is a link.

I have added a paypal Donate button to my download site. Please consider a donation before the end of March 2013

Sooner would be better than later.
Every little bit will help.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
I certainly wish I could give anything right now to help. Bob has done so much great work on his programs for the community. If I had the money I would give him whatever it takes to make it work.
I am in no position now to do anything unfortunately but I will add my voice to this conversation in hopes that people can chip in and help with it.

924aussie

Full time elf
Had a very very quick look at the site, before committing $$ what can you do with it after you have created what you want, does it export to anything else besides his other software ?

Alan

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Papagayo creates a file with mouth movements. Bob has created a conversion program (free to all) that maps the data to specific movements and creates a clipboard file for LOR. In LOR you open the clipboard file and paste into LOR.
Papagayo was written a number of years ago for cartoon animation and has not been updated. Currently it does a limited buy fair job of mapping words and phrases to specific mouth movemnts but really could use some updatting and additional functions.
Fund is to hire programmer to update the program.

924aussie

Full time elf
Tried to feed the bird on the link but paypal didnt want to play the game, will try again later

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Chucked a few dollars your way Bob. If the papagayo cupboard is still bare late in the month then sing out and I'll look at chucking a bit more into the fund.

Porsche

Full time elf
Just donated some $'s towards your upgrade Bob.
I'm planning on having a go at signing faces in my display next year.
Hopefully it helps.
Cheers
Phil

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Just sent some dollars your way. Anything to make programming singing faces easier would be a Godsend. The singing faces I did for last years display took ages!