Passing Audio to a Slave FPP with FM Transmission

corfoto4

Apprentice elf
Hi all,

Is it possible to pass the audio from the Master FPP to a Slave FPP?
My FM transmitter is part of a Kulp 32 port board which is running in slave mode.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It's possible for the slave to play audio, however every time it receives a sync packet from the master, it'll jump a small amount, and so it'd be jittery and sound like crap.
Why not make the Kulp32 your master, and the other ones the slave?

corfoto4

Apprentice elf
It's possible for the slave to play audio, however every time it receives a sync packet from the master, it'll jump a small amount, and so it'd be jittery and sound like crap.
Why not make the Kulp32 your master, and the other ones the slave?
I had the other Raspberry Pi to allow me to connect to the show network from my home network. I have not added Wifi to my Kulp because it will be far from my home router with a very weak signal (and will be inside a box). Can the Kulp be run as a Master with the original Raspberry Pi acting as the networker for the show?

Also, could you please guide me to where I could test out the audio passthrough? It's probably not the best option but I would still like to give it a go.
Thanks

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
As far as I'm aware, there's nothing you need to specifically do for the audio passthrough to work, other than to ensure you upload both the sequence and the music file to the remote, and set your appropriate audio device.

From a networking perspective - there is no dependency between your show network "bridge" being the Pi, and the "Master" show player needing to be on the same device. So absolutely, you can keep the Pi as your bridge, and have the Kulp as the master, and the Pi as a remote.