Pixel buffers

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Just want to check that I am right , would like to run data and gnd only from Falcon and supply voltage into cat 6 cable just before model, as I will need to use pixel buffers, and I understand they need a voltage applied, is it OK to have Falcon, Pixel Buffer then voltage ie will the Buffer function with the voltage impressed on the output side rather than the input. Keep thinking of diodes,
Burto51

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'll need a pic to understand what you're planning as I don't understand from your description. There's no difference to the buffer as to whether it's powered from the Din or Dout side.

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks Alan, you have answered my question, I have falcon outputting Data and Gnd only, as the cable is 6metres plus to first pixel on the first model, I will have a buffer between the Falcon and the start of the cable, the voltage will applied just before the first pixel, as you have said it doesn't matter if the voltage is applied to Din or Dout , all should be good. Thanks
Burto

abundy

Full time elf
Alan. Just on this a quick question, in this scenario would it matter whether you had the buffer at the controller end or at the start of the pixel string?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Alan. Just on this a quick question, in this scenario would it matter whether you had the buffer at the controller end or at the start of the pixel string?
It extends the output distance so in all applications it should be at the controller end (typically no more than about 10m for a good controller) with up to 30m from the buffer to the 1st/next pixel. If you're extending between props then probably 1-3m between pixel and buffer.