Pixel count in F16v3

Andy247

New elf
Morning everyone,

I am setting up my Falcon F16v3 board for my show and for some reason I cannot select any more than 682 pixels per string port on the controller. I have set up 96 universes with 510 channels each, but anytime I type in 683 or more pixels in the string port page, the cell goes red. I need to set higher for my roof pixels.

Attached the E1.31 setup page and the string port page screen shot for reference.

Cheers

Attachments

• String Port Page.JPG
    String Port Page.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Universe Page.JPG
    Universe Page.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 50

Andy247

New elf
Have just rest channels, tested everything connected and works, but cannot select over 682 pixels per port????
1599959653342.png

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I think you have overlapping channels is the issue. Is this the only controller? There is a jump of 6k channels between port 8 and 9. Is this supposed to be this way? Absolute addressing does my head in.. uni:channel is much easier to spot problems

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
You have large channel gaps between props exceeding the total universe count.

Your end channel is 83,760 which exceeds 96 universes of 510 channels (96x510 = 48,960 max channels).
This is affected with your "ABSOLUTE ADDRESSING" setting in your e1.31 / universe settings). Are these channels being set via xlights or are you manually doing them?

Andy247

New elf
You have large channel gaps between props exceeding the total universe count.

Your end channel is 83,760 which exceeds 96 universes of 510 channels (96x510 = 48,960 max channels).
This is affected with your "ABSOLUTE ADDRESSING" setting in your e1.31 / universe settings). Are these channels being set via xlights or are you manually doing them?
I am doing them manually by replicating channel numbers from xlights.

Dreamin

Full time elf
Not sure how you are doing this but your figures on the red ones aren't correct. You don't have enough channels for the pixels you have specified. ie 71163-70569 = 594 divide that by three (because there are 3 channels per pixel (RGB) and you get 198, you have specified over 600 so it's showing you the red flag! :)

If your using xlights, personally I set mine up with visualiser and just assigned ports. xlights works out the universes and channels for me, and I just upload to the falcon. It's a much easier way to do it if you don't want to sit there fiddling with channels and universes. Just remember to clear the falcon settings in xlights if you do this by checking the tick box "Full xlights control" which wipes all the ports/channels/pixels off the controller, and starts again. Otherwise it pastes over the top and makes a mess!

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
You're overlapping channels. Your start channels should not be a lower number than the end channel number of any string port above it.
Dreamin's spot on, use the visualiser and let xlights upload to your controllers for you. I configured mine within minutes last weekend, it's so easy now.

Andy247

New elf
Thanks everyone, how good is the visualisation and upload.....thanks heaps.
Just did it in 5 mins and all works perfectly.

Now to work out how to include DMX board into the show for singing faces......