pixel mounting strip fixing

joeyschinella

New elf
hi all

just like some options on fixing pixel strip with pixels to gutters without drilling the gutter .

has anyone used a clip or similar to fix to gutters

thanks

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Outdoor on chroma trim, cable tied to conduit.

I bought some metal strapping, ( https://www.bunnings.com.au/abey-australia-30-x-0-8mm-x-6m-galvanised-punched-strapping_p1090034 ), cut out into around w20cm lengths. Bent one end into a rounded I shape to hold the conduit. The other end was folded over and became the gutter hook.

Worked very well, advantages is that they are easily adjustable, can be wrapped around the conduit to prevent any movement, took about 10 seconds to make, and are metal so no UV issues with plastic.

I'll get some photos tonight or tomorrow illustrating it.

coops

New elf
Outdoor on chroma trim, cable tied to conduit.

I bought some metal strapping, ( https://www.bunnings.com.au/abey-australia-30-x-0-8mm-x-6m-galvanised-punched-strapping_p1090034 ), cut out into around w20cm lengths. Bent one end into a rounded I shape to hold the conduit. The other end was folded over and became the gutter hook.

Worked very well, advantages is that they are easily adjustable, can be wrapped around the conduit to prevent any movement, took about 10 seconds to make, and are metal so no UV issues with plastic.

I'll get some photos tonight or tomorrow illustrating it.

Oh I feel like that's a great option - keen to see the photos.

I went with 2nd hand pvc pipe/conduit from gumtree. Then cut a 2'ish cm strip from it so that it slid onto the gutter - seemed to still hold it's structure fine, then painted the same color as the gutter with some holes in case of water.
1698714035418.png 1698714216789.png

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
If your guttering has the overflow slots, they should be wide enough to pass a cable tie through to secure the pixels/conduit/chromatrim to them whihc is what i've done for years.

vizardknight

New elf
hi all

just like some options on fixing pixel strip with pixels to gutters without drilling the gutter .

has anyone used a clip or similar to fix to gutters

thanks
I used a aluminum C channel from home depot, alumaweld a flat rectangle tab to each end, bend those by hand so it can hang from gutter. Then just zip tie your light strings to that

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Oh I feel like that's a great option - keen to see the photos.
Here's the little bracket I made, and how it wraps on the conduit. The whole thing just hangs on the edge of the gutter.
One advantage is that the metal is quite malleable, so you can wrap and squeeze it where it needs to go.
That said, being metal, on a metal gutter, it may scratch your gutters if you slide it around. I didn't notice any issues with mine, but then again, my gutters are not awesome to start with.

PXL_20231102_075041888.jpg
PXL_20231102_075034860.jpg